Friday 27 November 2015

Homemade Muffins and Charms

Well it's Black Friday and I am sitting here with my homemade Pumpkin Muffin and a coffee with a little almond extract added for that extra bit of special. Naturally charms and tools are near by.



At the moment I am feeling a little discouraged, I have two shops on Etsy JuniperTulipJewelry and OrangePeelPaperie and was hoping this, my first Black Friday, was going to be a momentous start. I thought maybe I would wake up to more than one sale for the first time ever. NOPE.
I read blog after blog, thread after thread, how do I increase views how do I increase sales? They are all the same, basically stay on top of SEO, share share share, pay for advertising, and of course the most annoying piece of advice be patient it takes time.
How can I be patient? I mean other folks have started shops and are clearly getting more sales than I am what's so special about them? Is it that they advertise? Did they have a loyal following? Or did they get that coveted lucky break? I know this is basically a pity party but hey I think we all need to blow a little steam off every now an again when the dream of being independent and self employed seems so out of our grasp sometimes.
Pity Party aside I am not giving up though it may take longer than I had hoped, I still believe these shops are the answer. In the following weeks I am going to write about why I started the shops and give tips/ideas for shops you might want to look into as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment